Website Reach Out Centre For Kids
Reporting to the Early Years Program Manager, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) works collaboratively to provide consistent, high quality early years programs that foster positive outcomes and support nurturing relationships for children, parents, and caregivers, based on current research and best practices.
Please note this is a 10-month, full-time contract position with a planned start date of September 7, 2021.
- Design and maintain a healthy and safe learning environment.
- Provide a welcoming environment for families and caregivers, including EarlyON orientations for new families.
- Coordinate the management of assigned sites and programs.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques to provide inclusive, child-directed play and inquiry-based learning opportunities.
- Engage parents/caregivers in their children’s play and early learning and development.
- Represent and document children’s learning using a variety of methods and communicate them to children, caregivers, and coworkers.
- Model positive child guidance strategies.
- Provide support, education, and information using available resources and knowledge of community supports.
- Initiate referrals for additional services for children and parents, as needed.
- Connect and collaborate with community professionals and partners.
- Maintain and update community resource information.
- Complete and submit all required program records.
- Supervise and mentor students, volunteers, supply staff, and new staff as assigned.
- Evaluate programs in collaboration with management.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Operationalize client safety through adhering to established policies and guidelines that ensure consistency in the delivery of quality and safe care, and by identifying and reporting any client safety incidents.
- Complete daily housekeeping duties of program areas and equipment.
- Attend staff meetings, as required.
- Abide by the specific requirements of Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as any further health and safety responsibilities outlined in the agency’s policy and procedure documents.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with children 0-6 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Emergent Curriculum.
- Understanding of the Burlington community and community resources.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- The ability to speak a second language is an asset.
- Respect for individual and cultural differences.
- A current CPR-C and First Aid certification.
- A current (within three months) criminal reference check with vulnerable sector search.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and locations as required.
- Access to reliable transportation in alignment with program needs.
- Proficient in the use of technology as required of the position. MAC OS operating systems experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com