Website Milton Community Resource Centre
Posted: September 22nd , 2021
Hourly Rate:$18-$20/hour Location: Viola Desmond Early Learning Centre
Position Type: Contract until March 31st, 2022
Hours: 35hrs/week Reports To: Centre Supervisor
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore various career opportunities within the organization. All employees are provided with a free membership to The Halton Resource Connection
that allows Educators to access resources, materials and professional learning opportunities to
enhance your classroom. We believe in the importance of providing wellness opportunities that support
employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
A Degree/diploma in Early Childhood Education is preferred but not required. Standard First aid/CPR
level C are required. A valid Safe Food Handling Certification would be considered an asset. We are
looking for someone who has experience with a variety of teaching techniques including modeling,
active listening, observing, questioning, demonstrating and supporting children. The successful
candidate will build upon the foundational knowledge of the ELECT principles, “How Does Learning
Happen?” and “Think Feel Act” documents. The preferred candidate should have experience working
within childcare centres to be able to fully support every age group and function within the centre this
includes classrooms, kitchen, cleaning and administrative tasks.
Every day, you’ll support the overall function of the child care centre by:
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with co-workers, parents, support
workers and community service providers working with children.
- Supervising play-based learning and activities indoors and outdoors
- Supporting inclusion of children with special needs, working collaboratively with their
parents/caregivers and early childhood specialists
- Committing to raising quality care indicators through participating in the Quality First model.
- Developing and implementing an emergent curriculum applying core concepts of a Reggio
- Establishing and following a daily flow of routines and transitions
- Observing children for the purpose of creating learning opportunities that promote development
within social, emotional, cognitive, language, sensory and physical domains.
- Guiding and assisting children in the development and practice of problem-solving self-help
- Maintaining accurate daily records of attendance sheets, daily log books, accident reports and
illness reports, medical forms, administration of medication forms, emergency procedures and
actions and displaying in classroom as appropriate
- Providing flexibility to meet the changing situations and priorities of the program
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures,
languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment
practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com