Website Milton Community Resource Centre
Hourly Rate: $22.50/hour
Location(s): Bronte Street School
Hours: 35 hours/week
Reports To: Centre Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore various career opportunities within the organization. We believe in the importance of providing wellness opportunities that support employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
A Degree/diploma in Early Childhood Education in required.
Standard First aid/CPR level C is required.
A valid Safe Food Handling Certification would be considered an asset. We are looking for someone who has experience with a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, active listening, and observing, questioning, demonstrating and supporting children. The successful candidate will build upon the foundational knowledge of the ELECT principles, “How Does Learning Happen?” and “Think Feel Act” documents. The preferred candidate should have experience working within child care centres to be able to fully support every age group and function within the centre this includes classrooms, kitchen, cleaning and administrative tasks.
Every day, you’ll support the overall function of the child care centre by:
– Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with co-workers, parents, support workers and community service providers working with children.
– Supervising play-based learning and activities indoors and outdoors
– Supporting inclusion of children with special needs, working collaboratively with their parents/caregivers and early childhood specialists
– Committing to raising quality care indicators through participating in the Quality First model.
– Developing and implementing an emergent curriculum applying core concepts of a Reggio inspired philosophy
– Establishing and following a daily flow of routines and transitions
– Observing children for the purpose of creating learning opportunities that promote development within social, emotional, cognitive, language, sensory and physical domains.
– Guiding and assisting children in the development and practice of problem-solving self-help skills.
– Maintaining accurate daily records of attendance sheets, daily log books, accident reports and illness reports, medical forms, administration of medication forms, emergency procedures and actions and displaying in classroom as appropriate
– Providing flexibility to meet the changing situations and priorities of the program
– Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures, languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your application email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org