Website Milton Community Resource Centre
Before & After School Educator/Runner
Date Posted: September 9th, 2021
Hourly Rate: $18-$20/hour Location: Various School Age Sites within Milton
Hours: 30/week Reports To: Before & After School Supervisor
Position Type: Seasonal Contract (Sept-June)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by
recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s
strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore
various career opportunities within the organization. All employees are provided with a free
membership to The Halton Resource Connection that allows Educators to access resources, materials
and professional learning opportunities to enhance your classroom. We believe in the importance of
providing wellness opportunities that support employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
A Degree/diploma in Early Childhood Education, Social Service Worker, Recreation and Leisure, Child
and Youth Worker, Psychology or any other relevant diploma or degree. Standard First aid/CPR level C
is required. We are looking for someone who has at least two years’ experience working with children
with behaviour difficulties and with children of differing abilities. The successful candidate should have
experience with a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, active listening, and observing,
questioning, demonstrating and supporting children. The preferred candidate should observe children
for the purpose of creating learning opportunities that promote development within social, emotional,
cognitive, language, sensory and physical domains.
Every day, you’ll encourage purposeful play and build upon the interests of children by:
- Creating warm, welcoming interactions that protect the health, security and well-being of
- Being culturally sensitive and endeavoring to remove all barriers which prevent acceptance and
accessibility for children in the classroom
- Being committed to raising quality care indicators through participating in the Quality First
- Supporting inclusion of children with special needs, working collaboratively with their
parents/caregivers and early childhood specialists
- Developing and implementing an emergent curriculum applying core concepts of a Reggio
- Creating an atmosphere which builds upon individual learning styles, interests, and celebrates
the cultural and ethnic diversity of the children and their families
- Maintain accurate daily record keeping of attendance sheets, daily log books, accident reports
and illness reports, medical forms, administration of medication forms, emergency procedures
and actions and display in classroom as appropriate .
- Safely escorting children to and from classroom.
- Supporting screening procedure with Site Supervisor .
- Assisting with COVID sanitary practices at the main doors/screening area.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with team members regarding arrival and departure of
- Communicating with parents (updates, COVID screening protocol).
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures,
languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment
practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org