Website Milton Community Resource Centre
Location: 410 Bronte Street South
and various locations within Halton
Hours: 35 hours/week
Reports To: THRC Directors
Number of Vacancies: 1
Position Type: 12-month Contract
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore various career opportunities within the organization. All employees are provided with a free membership to The Halton Resource Connection that allows Educators to access resources, materials and professional learning opportunities to enhance your classroom. We believe in the importance of providing wellness opportunities that support an employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
The Halton Resource Connection (THRC) is a program of the Milton Community Resource Centre, operated in partnership with Halton Region.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
Post-secondary diploma or degree in Event Management, Project Management, Business Communications, Marketing or other relevant programs required. We are looking for someone who has a minimum of two years’ experience in Event Management, Project Management, Communications, Marketing or other business capacities including website development administration and social media engagement. The successful candidate should be detail oriented, demonstrate superior writing, research, editing and proofreading skills and possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage projects, work under pressure to manage conflicting deadlines while maintaining them. Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite as well as Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc. will be considered an asset.
In conjunction with THRC Directors and in partnership with Halton Region, you will oversee the development, implementation and administration of the Workforce Strategy Professional Learning
Symposium Project by:
• Completing all aspects of the project and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining
priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving and making adjustments to plans.
• Communicating, coordinating, researching and collaborating with members of the Symposium Task Force to implement the Workforce Strategy Professional Learning Symposium Project.
• Overseeing and managing event coordination services including technical support for the selected platform.
• Establishing and managing contracts and relationships with vendors, speakers and facilitators, and
coordinating schedules for event dates.
• Developing marketing and communication plans that ensure a broad audience views the Professional
Learning Symposium opportunity and engages community members to participate.
• Preparing reports and coordinating the distribution of reports and presentations.
• Improving quality results by studying, evaluating and making recommendations for re-designing processes, and implementing changes as needed.
• Ensuring event budget is managed and adhered to at all times.
• Completing special projects and other duties as assigned by the Directors.
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures, languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment practices. Please identify if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process in your application email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com