Website Milton Community Resource Centre
EarlyOn Program Educator
Date Posted: September21st, 2021
Hourly Rate: $18- $20/hour depending on experience
Position Type: Maternity Contract 12-18 months
Reports To: EarlyOn Supervisor
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: 410 Bronte Street South
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by
recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s
strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore
various career opportunities within the organization. All employees are provided with a free
membership to The Halton Resource Connection that allows Educators to access resources, materials
and professional learning opportunities to enhance your classroom. We believe in the importance of
providing wellness opportunities that support employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
A degree/diploma in Early Childhood Education or related field or experience is required. Standard
First aid/CPR level C is required. We are looking for someone who has experience with a variety of
teaching techniques including modeling, active listening, observing, questioning and demonstrating to
support children and their parents/caregivers within our programs. The successful candidate will build
upon the foundational knowledge of the ELECT principles, “How Does Learning Happen?” and “Think
Feel Act” documents Tuesday evenings and Saturdays are required for this position.
Every day, you’ll encourage purposeful play and build upon the interests of children by:
- Planning and co-facilitating a variety of programs, in person, virtually and outdoors with children
and their parents/caregivers.
- Creating warm, welcoming interactions that protect the health, security and well-being of
children and families.
- Creating an atmosphere which builds upon individual learning styles, interests, and celebrates
the cultural and ethnic diversity of the children and their families.
- Maintaining a positive and welcoming attitude with parents/caregivers, children and team
members to promote a sense of belonging for all.
- Interacting with parents/caregivers to model positive adult-child interactions and identify
children’s learning outcomes to parents/caregivers in programs.
- Maintain documentation by displaying and discussing children’s learning, interests and needs in
a variety of ways.
- Provide support to parents and apprising parents of resources available in the community such
as the Parent Resource Libraries and Halton Region.
- Collaborating with the EarlyON team, parents/caregivers and community service providers
working within our programs.
- Program participation incudes participant screening and cleaning.
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures,
languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment
practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org