Website Milton Community Resource Centre
Hourly Rate: $24/hour
Location: 410 Bronte St. S/Remote
Hours: 35 hours/week
Reports To: Manager, People and Culture
Position Type: Contract to April 2023
Number of Vacancies: 1
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by recognizing
creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore various career opportunities within the organization. All employees are provided with a free membership to The Halton Resource Connection that provides staff with access to resources, materials and professional learning opportunities. We believe in the importance of providing wellness opportunities that support employee’s mental, physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
The DEI Specialist will bring their passion and genuine interest in fostering safe and equitable spaces to identify and break barriers that are faced by marginalized individuals. The Specialist will support in designing and implementing learning opportunities, and initiatives that promote ongoing and consistent action that celebrate diversity, and combat injustice. The DEI Specialist will also support in consultation of practices and strategies aimed at promoting equity and inclusion. The DEI Specialist will have experience with project planning and implementation, as well as a deep understanding of an intersectional anti-oppression framework. A postsecondary education or combination of education/lived experience and 3-5 years of equity, diversity and inclusion oversight experience will be ideal.
Every day, you will engage in ongoing action toward fostering an equitable and inclusive organization by:
• Providing support to action MCRC’s DEI Framework, and continuing to enhance and implement initiatives to strengthen MCRC’s organizational mandate to build upon the foundational work that has been done to foster systemic equity and inclusion
• Supporting the facilitation and administration of the DEI Council to engage in ongoing intentional planning for initiatives that support diversity, equity and inclusion
• Building and participating in community partnerships that can support learning and action toward fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
• Building upon communication strategies and action planning that celebrates diversity and combats
injustices, making recommendations to support employees and the community
• Creating and implementing learning and development opportunities for employees, students, volunteers and the community
• Participating in and facilitating working groups and activities that bring awareness to significant dates and events, and celebrations that honour diversity, equity and inclusion, and supporting internal and external communication to identify MCRC’s ongoing commitment
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures,
languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your application email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org