Website YMCA of Oakville
Are you searching for a workplace that offers you the opportunity to make a positive difference in your community? A workplace that embraces and celebrates individuality and where you feel that you belong? If so, the YMCA of Oakville is the place for you!
We are looking for motivated, values driven enthusiastic, team players to join our growing Child Care team.
Nature and Scope
The YMCA of Oakville is the largest not-for-profit Child Care provider in Oakville. We offer high-quality Before and After School programs for children ages 3.8 to 12 years at 40 locations across Oakville.
Our Child Care Educators are essential to the success of our programs and make a positive impact every day in the lives of the children in our care. We are committed to providing staff with professional development and training opportunities to support them with implementing our YMCA Playing to Learn and YMCA A Place to Connect curriculum.
Location: Various School Sites in Oakville
Hours of work: Part-Time School Year – Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 9:00am and/or 2:30pm to 6:00pm (Hours may vary, depending on school dismissal times)
Salary & Benefits:
• Pay rate $18.40 – $20.43 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
• A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
• Opportunities for professional development and career growth
• Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 3.8 – 12 years of age in their school
• Create warm, welcoming environments and ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming
• Implementation of the YMCA curriculum to meet the needs, interests, and talents of all children
• Working professionally with caregivers, school personnel, outside agencies, and other team members
• Proactively developing relationships with children, peers, placement students, volunteers and parents
• Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up
• Adhering to all YMCA Policies and Practices, Child Care & Early Years Policies
• Early Childhood Education Diploma or Certified Teaching Degree or Child and Youth Worker Diploma or Social Service Worker Diploma or Early Childhood Assistant Diploma or Recreation and Leisure Supports or Educational Support
• Experience working with children in JK to Grade 6 is preferred
• Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
• Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the general public
• Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you’d like information about our COVID-19 safety measures and our Child Care programs, please copy & paste the links below to your browser:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the above requirements then APPLY NOW at ymcaofoakville.org/careers/job-postings/to register/sign in to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The YMCA of Oakville encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Due to a high volume of applications, please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
This posting closes on October 31, 2021.
We at the YMCA of Oakville value the diversity of people and communities, and we are committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation or have any questions about the interview process, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit ymcaofoakville.org.