Click here to fill out a Child Care Information Request Form
What is quality child care?
Quality Care supports a child’s emotional, social, intellectual and physical well-being. There are two key components to consider when looking for quality child care:
- The Child Care Provider
- The Environment
Child Care Providers
Child Care Providers are the key to quality child care. They are the individuals who interact with your child, plan activities to support the children, and communicate with you about your child’s daily activities.
The Environment includes play spaces, the equipment and the daily activities. All of these components need to be considered when looking for quality.
The Child Care Directory and Information Line (CCDIL) provides:
- Free contact information about child care options in Halton
- A child care search based on your needs
- Access to Registered Early Childhood Educators who are ready to help
- Support for home child care providers
- Community partners with child care information
- “A Parents’ Guide to Quality Child Care” resource book for parents seeking quality child care
For more information review How Does Learning Happen.
For more information about quality child care and to speak with one of our Registered Early Childhood Education Consultants, please contact us at:
(905) 875-0235 Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm