Can Employers Mandate COVID-19 Vaccines For Employees?
June 10 from 1:30PM - 3:00PM
With the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in Ontario there is one question that keeps coming up; "Can employers require employee to be vaccinated as a requirement of employment?" While there some is discussion about Provincial Governments putting in place mandatory vaccination requirements for workplaces, are there any steps that employers can take in the meantime?.
Please join us along with Asha Rampersad from Bernardi HR Law for an interactive Zoom webinar on Thursday, June 10th to discuss the ins and outs of creating a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy for your organization.
- Can employers implement a mandatory vaccine policy?
- Is the creation of a mandatory vaccine policy part of an employers responsibility under the OHSA to take all reasonable septs to protect workers in the workplace?
- What if you are a unionized workplace can you still implement a policy?
- Do you have to accommodate current employees who refuse to take the vaccine?
- Can we also make PPE a permanent requirement in the future?
- What about employees who cannot receive the vaccine due to underlying health issues or allergies?
- What about employees who refuse to be vaccinated due to bona fide religious reasons?
- Does a workplace mandatory vaccine policy contravene human rights obligations?
- Who is entitled to the Ontario temporary paid sick days during a pandemic?
Participants will receive a template vaccination policy and template letter to provide to employees.
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Time: 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Cost: Members - FREE
Non-Members - $15.00
Facilitated by: TJ Solutions