What is involved in joining Quality First?
When you join Quality First, you are making a commitment to participate in a process of training, professional development, observations, goal setting and self-reflection exercises specifically designed to increase the quality of care and learning you offer to children and families.
There are two distinct developmental models available:
- Centre-based Model – for all licensed classrooms housed on-site: Infant to School-age please click here
- School-age Model – for licensed School-age programs that are off-site from the home organization please click here
To view the Quality First Centre-based Model Application form, please click here
To view the School-age Model Application form, please click here
Quality First training activities can be found on the Professional Learning Calendar
Quality First continues to be a benefit to many components of the child care sector:
For the Child Care System in Halton
- The benefits of programs participating in a quality iniative.
For Child Care Supervisors & Centre Staff
- Through increased networking opportunities with other professionals, focused training, supports based on goals, pride in accomplishments and value of the work.
- Through knowledge of quality indicators in child care and confidence selecting an environment committed to the development and delivery of quality child care.
- Through enhanced care and learning within the enriched environments.