Partners in Professional Excellence
A leader and essential partner for professional excellence in the Halton Early Learning and Care community.
THRC works in partnership with individuals, organizations and families promoting the best interest of all children and youth within Halton and the broader community.
This is the place for you if you work with children, youth and their families; whether you work in a child care centre, school, home setting, family resource centre, Early Years program or community group.
Click here to view THRC’s Declaration of Service
THRC offers 6 services:
- Resource Library – We have a lending library of books, videos, curriculum bins, activity bags, and puppets that are open to anyone in the community over the age of 16. THRC’s Resource Library supplies focus on children’s needs between the ages of 0-12.
- Professional Learning Services – A professional development calendar for the community is created in cooperation with community partners in the Region of Halton. THRC works with the community to plan, develop and deliver a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
- Quality First – Quality First is a quality early learning initiative providing all licensed child care programs in Halton region with the opportunity to participate in a developmental model for quality improvement.
- The Child Care Directory and Information Line – The Child Care Directory and Information Line (CCDIL) is a free, centralized one-stop information service for those seeking quality child care options in Halton.
- In Centre Support – In Centre Support offers services and support to build the capacit of Educators and teams within the licensed child are centre. The team consists of both Support Facilitators and Preschool Facilitators. Contact CIL for applications.
- Centralized Intake Line – CIL provides the Right Service at the Right Time for the Right Reason Call 905-875-4600 x 133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see the map to THRC
Click here to contact us.